1984



Marvin Gaye, ( Marvin Pentz Gay Jr. ), 4/2/39 – 4/1/84. Born in Washington DC, Mavin was a singer, song-writer and played multiple instruments. He had several award winning songs and is known for his influential lyrics. Marvin was shot and killed by his father after an argument. He was 44.

I love Marvin! His voice, his lyrics, his sensuality, his class and style. It was hard to hear that he his own father killed him. Some lyrics from one of his song ironically say "Only love can conquer hate". Here he is singing that song in 1973. I still can't stand the thought that he died this way, or that he's gone forever...but certainly not forgotten.

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Mahoganydymond™ said...

I remember when we heard the news that Marvin was killed. I was 9 years old and I saw the pain my mother was feeling. It was a sad day for a lot of people that loved him. Also a sad day in the history of R&B.