2010

















Ronnie James Dio 7/10/42 – 5/16/10.  Born in Portsmouth,  New Hampshire, Ronnie was a rock and roll legend known for his vocals and songwriting.  He's been in several heavy metal bands including Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Heaven & Hell, and his own band Dio.  Ronnie was also the guy who made the heavy metal "horns" popular.  He died after a courageous battle with stomach cancer.  Ronnie was 67 years old.

It was a shock to hear of Ronnie's death, I had heard he was improving.  This was definitely a huge loss for many of us, Ronnie was special, an icon.  A good guy.  A unique voice that will always be recognizable.  I could feel a wave of grief wash across the world as each fan heard the news.  Thank you, Ronnie, for making heavy metal awesome.  You will be missed.

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

UnHoly Diver said...
I felt like I lost a brother when Ronnie died, as strange as that sounds. And, as you can tell by my username, I'm a huge fan. May he rest in peace in Rock and Roll Heaven.

9:28 PM


Barbara said...
No, it does not sound strange at all. I don't know if you saw what I wrote about him, you have to click the link to get to it, but I felt like I could FEEL the grief of all his fans over this loss. There was something very special about him as a person and obviously as a musician.

I send special condolences to you.

10:07 PM


Mike aka MonolithTMA said...
I've been rocking out to Dio just about every day since he passed. He will be missed.

7:13 AM

Tonal Memories said...

I was never a HUGE fan of his, but I do like most of the hits. He WAS heavy metal. The metal horns and the voice. Plus I have always heard how nice of a guy he was. R.I.P. Dio \m/